Sunday, May 30, 2010

Roasted Red Potatoes

cheap and easy

Previously, I blogged about Roasted Vegetables and this is another version. If you only have red potatoes on hand. Spray the pan (a good quality pan) with some non-stick stuff and pour approx a cup of oil in a bowl.


Slices the potatoes in half, dunk 'em in the oil, and lay the white sides down.


You can double layer and the ones on the top will be good but the ones on the bottom will be delicacies.


Cover with your recycled tin foil. Bake at 425 degrees for 1hr and 10 minutes. I don't salt them until they come out of the oven. If you want to use herbs, I'm thinking dried would be better than fresh (the fresh may burn up).


DO NOT touch them when they come out of the oven, they'll break and be mushy, they have to rest for at least 30 minutes. Don't eat them when they are still steaming.


The bottom ones will have a nice french-fry texture.

Now that they have cooled, pick one up and bite in. I bet you can't eat just one!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

GAH... those look to die for yummy!!

Di

Louise said...

They look delicious, and they sound easy. Next time I'm in the store, I'm buying some potatos.

AJ-OAKS said...

Oooooh, ooooooh, I have done these and love them. I sprinkle Mrs. Dash or some other seasonings and yummy! Tastes good with regular Russet potatoes too.
By the way, we are having roasted vegies again thanks to you. :)
Looking forward to more of your recipes.

Nancy K. said...

My mouth is watering!
Gonna make me some roasted red potatoes!

Callie Brady said...

Oh phooey... this is not fair. I don't have any potatoes in the house and those look soooo good. I want roasted potatoes!

Anonymous said...

Roasted Red Potatoes at my house tomorrow. Thanks for sharing this recipe.