Sunday, August 29, 2010

wrapping up the weekend

To describe our Sunday, Mike didn't shave and I didn't put on a bra.
**************************************************
Nigerian Dwarf Dairy Goats

Goats in the Garden - we're opening up the veggie garden to the goats now and they love it.




I'm having cataract surgery on Wednesday. Yeah, at 54 years old, I'll have cataract surgery on each eye two weeks apart. I've gotten so nearsighted and have severe halo's such as, a Speed Limit sign of 35mph, I see several 3's and several 5's. Having cataract's is also like looking through a slightly foggy windshield.




In preparation for a Fall Goat Show, we started shaving some goats. Judges can see the conformation and udders much better if very little hair on the goats. The goats hate to be groomed though.


mad




Pied Guinea's and Bourbon Red Turkey's




We're keeping Washington and Jefferson, we tagged them with colored legbands.


Does anybody know what kind of bird this is? Notice it's XXL. McMurray Hatchery sent a bunch of 'em.


Check ya later

9 comments:

Louise said...

Good luck with the surgery on Wednesday. Luckily, it's a fairly straightforward operation these days. I bet you'll love how much better you will be able to see.

Foothills Poultry said...

Good Luck with the eyes.

The chicken is a Red Sex-Link Rooster.

~~Matt~~

IsobelleGoLightly said...

Lucky goats to get into the garden! Mmmmm mmmmm! As always such beautiful goats! I like the photograph of Mike and Peach going for a walk. My lady has some friends who had the cataract surgery and they were so pleased with the results.

Alison said...

Mom had cataract surgery about a year ago and a very positive outcome. First time in probably 50 years she was able to go without glasses!

I'll ask Miss Chef if she's heard of any German potato salad recipe like the one you described. I know I haven't!

Are you selling off the other turkeys as live birds, or having them processed? There are a whole lot of birds at your place. Must be noisy!

The Agrarian said...

Your weekend sounded great - love the no bra-thingy... Of course, the goats are just beautiful - I love your goats.

Joanna@BooneDocksWilcox said...

I should have mentioned in the post that my friend, Stacy, is getting 4 turkey toms and 12 chickens from us. Here's her link
http://yellowwolffarm.net/ I think she said she wanted some new Bourbon Red bloodlines, however, she does her own processing too. Check out her webpage, she's a neat person, basically makes her living selling at Farmers Markets.


And Matt, dang McMurray, I had a big order of ALL pullets. I ordered 12 Delawares and they sent me 3. I ordered 12 Faverolles and got a few plus some Buff Orpington's. I didn't order any bantams and they sent some. When the birds arrive as day olds, you're never sure if you got your correct order until several weeks later.

Dot said...

Love the photos. I will be thinking of you Wed. & sending good thoughts & prayers your way. I had both eyes "done" some years ago & still am awed every morning when I wake up & can see everything instead of a blur! I was extremely nearsighted all my life & it's like having a new pair of eyes! Love 'ya, Gal.

John Going Gently said...

YOUR FIRST SENTENCE MADE ME LAUGH LONG AND HARD....brilliant
xxx

Paula said...

I hope you are doing well today from your eye surgery. We will be thinking of you! As for that mystery chicken, it looks like a Red Sex-link cockerel. We have a black sex-link hen that is a laying machine. We call her "Layla"!