Friday, February 3, 2012

Split-Pea Soup & Rick Bragg

I had a graving for Split-Pea Soup. Have I ever made it or had a good split-soup? No. After looking over recipes, I created what I thought I would like.
for color, oranges in my photo but not in soup
1 large crockpot
1 smoked hamhock
2 chopped sweet onions
1 pack of Knorr's Leek Soup
8 cups of water
some garlic
1 pack of shredded carrots
salt and pepper
1 pack of dried split peas (but don't use the flavoring packet). In the AM, throw all in and get crockpotting for a few hours. After a few hours, add some chopped russet potatoes. You want the peas to get to a creaminess consistancy, then dig in, delicious. Feedback and suggestions are welcome.
Sometime, kick back and listen to Rick Bragg
sincerely talk about what it means to be
click on the left-side titles
Rick always has the back page
of the Southern Living magazine.

1 comment:

Mary Ann said...

That looks good! I subscribe to Southern Living now, and I'll be sure to read his page!