Saturday, December 26, 2009

dogs and the sunroom

Blissi Girl.
See the light green texture on the recliner? I think it's pretty.


Brawny Boy


Blissi chewing on a bone from Santa Claus.


Brawn and Bliss, they are Irish Terriers. We'll get some paneling up in the sunroom/doghouse one day.


Now I've got some bookcases in the sunroom, still organizing. That's 16yr old Henry, a Humane Society Special, on his dog bed.


On Christmas Eve we picked up these pair of recliners for $60 off of Craiglist. In the first photo, I was pointing out the fabric on 'em. Haven't decided yet on the flooring, gets dirty and wet often with three dogs constantly in and out of the doggie door, I almost like the idea of leaving it bare.

I want to get herbs, and seedlings going in front of those windows.

Mike also has`a mini-frig in his "hangout" room. A wall-propane heater keeps the room warm.


This is what it looks like in Boone, with much damage, lots of households still without electricity, we're fortunate we were only out for several hours. We live more on the western side of the county and didn't get hit as hard as Boone and some other areas.

Our local radio stations are finally back on the air, were off the air for over 24 hours.


Looking out of a sunroom window seeing guinea's in the tall pines,


and through the window, our Guinea Fowl Lane.

7 comments:

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Still no power over here in Phillips Gap......generator still running..hope we don't run out of propane!!

Enjoy....LindaMay

Anonymous said...

I love your sun-room. What better way to live than to be with your babies! It looks cozy, warm, and private. I love it. I know you do too! :)

Melodie said...

Those look like some pretty lucky pooches! I can't imagine a life without a dog!

diane said...

love the pics! my aunt was without water/power/phone in weaverville for a few days.
hope you had a merry christmas!

John Going Gently said...

absolutely LOVED the first photo AND (of course) the one of the guinea fowl!!!

Boozy Tooth said...

Oh, Blissi and Brawny are so sweet and content. Henry is looking pretty good for sixteen. Augie will be 16 on April 4th. Any way you slice it, that's a long life in doggy years, but it's never long enough, is it.

Your "You had me at Parmigiano Reggiano" comment on my blog made me straight up laugh out loud! You are such a hoot, Joanna. I adore you.

Regarding your flooring dilemma.... my ex-husband used to say he wished we had concrete furniture and bare concrete floors with a drain in the center so we could just hose all the dirt and mess down the drain. With little kids and animals, I think he might have had a really good idea! You know, stained concrete is actually a very popular flooring alternative. What about pavers? Whatever you decide to do, I'm sure it will be perfect.

All that ice looks misplaced for North Carolina. Stay warm!

PS: So much for global warming.

Mahala said...

Looks like Mike and the dogs have the best place to hang out!!! We have power (after 11 hours out) but still can't get out of our driveway because of branches hanging over. Oh well!!