Friday, July 23, 2010

under the apple tree and recipe

Think of me in the evenings at 8:00PM est, I've got a special-sittin' spot behind the barn where I watch the deer that come munch on the apples. Yep, along with my own critters, that's my enetertainment.


This is what's for dinner tonight. I won't have the exact ingredients that the recipe calls for, but I'll get pretty close.


Summer Squash and Corn Chowder from the latest issue of COOKING LIGHT.

Ingredients
2 slices applewood-smoked bacon (I'll use Hormel bits)
3/4 cup sliced green onions, divided (I'll use Vidalia Onions)
1/4 cup chopped celery
1 pound yellow summer squash, chopped
1 pound white and yellow baby corn kernels, divided
2 1/4 cups of milk, divided (I'll use raw goats milk)
1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme (hmmm, I'll dig around)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
*******************************************
Have a great weekend, I have plans to go to bed early this evening and sleep late in the morning! yipee!

6 comments:

Tina said...

What a pretty sight...those deers under the tree.
The recipe sounds good and the picture looks good too, hmmmm.

Peggy said...

oh how blessed you are to have that special spot. I agree with you on a early bedtime. This heat has wiped me out. Fred and Tessa had 13 babies but we have lost 4 so far because of the heat. The heat index is 112F right now and the next few days are suppose to be even worse.

Sandy said...

great...now i have that song stuck in my head! don't sit under the apple tree with anyone else but me...

Mom L said...

I'd love to sit with you and watch the deer! And I'm anxious to try your recipe - looks and sounds really good.

And to Sandy - I didn't think anyone else knew that song! My mother used to sing it around the house....

琬安琬安 said...

愛情是一種發明,需要不斷改良。只是,這種發明和其他發明不一樣,它沒有專利權,隨時會被人搶走。.................................................................

A blog by the "Farmer" said...

Ohh... The soup looks delicious. Thanks for the recipe. We'll be trying that this week. Farmer @ www.farmer-rosehillfarm.blogspot.com