Saturday, November 19, 2011

Carmalee & Buttermilk

Mike's Aunt, Carmalee Ellis, died died this week. Today we visited the gravesite.

Next to Carm and her husband "Fats,"
are his Grandparents, Roy and Gladys.
at one time, I named two new hens
Gladys and Floy,
(Mike's paternal Grandmother was Floy). 

Don't know Doug Yarber but like his headstone.
I keep telling Mike, I want to be cremated
and scatter my ashes on our farm
especially near our dog, Henry
that's buried here.
**************************************
The cabin at Buttermilk Acres is coming along.



3 comments:

goatgirl said...

My mother-in-law was named Floy. I had never seen anyone else with that name.....until now.
So sorry about Mike's aunt. Carmalee is a beautiful name. I think you should name the next caramel colored doeling Carmalee....don't you think?

charlotte's menagerie said...

I agree Carmalee is beautiful and caramel colored does are too. My husband votes or cremation, but I can't wrap my head around that. I think he is thinking about cost.

Mahala said...

I had always wanted to be cremated and have my ashes spread along the Parkway, but then thought that I would like for there to be a marker somewhere that noted my life span. So, we now have plot and pre-carved (not dod of course) headstone at cemetery. Will still be cremated...much cheaper.