Friday, April 17, 2009

a visit with our animals

"have you seen how BarbraJean keeps throwing herself at Early?"

**************************************************
On Thursday April 16th, we had sunshine! We've been used to cold, rainy, overcast, misty weather. Although we are living in the RV near the barn, we visit the goats, turkeys, and chickens twice a day back at the house. The barn isn't ready for the animals yet but hopefully soon.

Hi Dud and Darlene!

Hi Franklin!


Early! Glad to see your frostbite healed up on your comb, honey.


Hi girls, June and SweetPea!


Hi Clara! (Isn't that a smoking little body?)


Hi Birds!

**************************************************

First, the goats get pellets and then, fresh hay. Here, the three girls are lined up eating the hay. We are considering adding a red doe, Caliente, to our herd but she is 7 hours away in West Virginia and we don't have time for a 14-hour roundtrip right now, so we'll see.


Mike tries to spend quality time with Dud everyday. Cahoot will be coming to live with Dud at our new home in a few weeks.


I'm certainly taking some bamboo shoots for planting to the barn.
Digging in his fresh hay for the perfect bite.

16 comments:

Christy said...

They are beautiful goats! What are you using to feed the hay in? Have you found a way to keep them from wasting half of it?

Unknown said...

I agree with Christy - they are beautiful. I'm glad Dud gets special attention, though, and I hope SweetPea still gets her kisses from you!

Nancy in Atlanta

diane said...

hi everyone! they are all so cute. franklin cracks me up.

Unknown said...

And I forgot to add that I love the way the first 2 are gossiping....

Twisted Fencepost said...

They are all cuties. I am especially fond of Franklin though.
My horses pick down into the center of a round bale of hay, looking for the best hay.

Becca's Dirt said...

All of them are cuties. Cute names for them. Looking forward to seeing their new home soon.

Mary Humphrey said...

Amazing how the goats use their moouths and noses to find the best hay spots. I love your menagerie!

Boozy Tooth said...

A turkey named Franklin! Is there anything cuter on earth?

Yeah, June and Sweet Pea.

I love how you love your animals Joanna! Keep up the awesome posts and wonderful photos.

Alison said...

Ah, Early, the most beautiful rooster out there! And yeah, Clara's sure got it goin' on, baby!

Thanks for the pics!

Jennifer said...

Great pictures. I love seeing your goats and Franklin too!

Gone2theDawgs said...

I SO love seeing pics of peoples animal families!! Seeing your goats almost makes me want to have a couple. :) Sure wish Franklin could talk to my tom and tell him it would behoove him to be nicer to me.....

The Scavenger said...

You always have some of the funniest pictures of your goats, I love them all.

Chris

Danni said...

"Isn't that a smokin little body?" hahahahahaha
Yes, it is! They are all beautiful! Even Franklin. :-)

Amy said...

The does are looking rounder now. When are the kids due? May? I bet they're going to be adorable. Franklin is so handsome, as always.

Peggy said...

Everyone looks so happy and content. I think you spoil your animal family as much as we do!

Kate Evans said...

I love your blog!

What happened to Misty now that you've moved?!