Wednesday, June 9, 2010

SweetPea Salad

I love sweet peas so much, I named one of my darling goats after 'em. I'm gonna name one of her babies - SweetTea - if that tells ya anything.


Recipe
big bag of sweet peas (thawed but not cooked)
sweet onion (minced)
pickle relish (a scoop)
pimentos (a scoop)
sharp cheddar cheese (approx 6oz)
mayo (I used Kraft but make ya some homemade mayo out of farm-fresh eggs)
Ranch dressing
Hormel real bacon bits

in a bowl, minced onion, pickle relish, and pimentos.

I microwaved the peas a bit to thaw 'em out but they are still cold. add in the marinated relish. stir.


a couple dollops of mayo and squirt some ranch dressing on top. add in the cubed cheese.


on a serving, top with the Hormel bacon bits.


we had sweet-pea salad and fried rice for supper.

11 comments:

DebH said...

I LOVE pea salad...what a Good idea!! Thanks for the nudge!! Also, gorgeous photos ...I can taste it already!

Louise said...

Mmmmmm. I was hungry. Now, I'm hungrier. Thanks for the recipe.

Anonymous said...

I too love Sweetpea Salad. It has been awhile since I had some and will do that this week. I once added a couple slices of beets that I had diced up and it was yummy and the color was beautiful.

Tina said...

I never had Sweet pea salad, but it sure looks yummy. I might just try your receipe, but first how big is a scoop? lol

IsobelleGoLightly said...

Yummy yum! Everything I like in there!

Sandy said...

yuck...i hate peas (except for goats by that name of course =o) that might be good with some broccoli florets though, and a big ole' glass of iced sweet tea...yum yum! oh, love fried rice...after i have picked out all of the peas ;o)

Nekkid Chicken said...

Looks Yummy

Joanna@BooneDocksWilcox said...

Yeah, change it up and make your own version - chopped tomatoes, hard-boiled eggs, bits of this or that. Be sure to blog about it.

AJ-OAKS said...

Goody, another recipe to try. :) Looks scrumptious. :)

Mom L said...

OMG - I am ready for a cool lunch and this looks fabulous!! I love sweet peas, use them in regular salads, but I've never tried to make a salad out of them!!! I have all the ingredients but the vinegar - have thickly shredded cheese, not a block. Hmmmm. I think I'll start with your recipe and see what I can come up with! I don't like to cook, so don't keep a lot of necessaries on hand - will add the vinegar to my list now!!!

Nancy in Iowa

Mom L said...

BTW, Joanna, I haven't made fried rice in quite a while - don't know why because it's easy and I like it. I've used eggs, peas, and onions, but how do you make yours? Looks better than mine did!!!

Nancy