Saturday, November 15, 2008

Saturday Nov 15 at home ALL day, yeah!


Isn't that a unique leaf? Found it in the backyard.

SweetPea jumped in Mike's tool wagon by herself. Then she came over and jumped on me, treated me like a trampoline for about 30 minutes.

Isn't that a cute butt?

Cold and windy. Mike's listening to ASU football on the radio and I've been baking, enjoying all the critters especially SweetPea, and playing Bejewled 2 on my computer. I got hooked on that freebie game when I was laying around while the ankle was mending. Wish I'd get sick of it but not so far.

I made BackForty's PeanutButterCookies http://homesteadingthebackforty.blogspot.com/
INGREDIENTS2 cups peanut butter2 cups white sugar2 eggs2 teaspoons baking soda1 pinch salt1 teaspoon vanilla extractDIRECTIONSPreheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.In a medium bowl, stir peanut butter and sugar together until smooth. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the baking soda, salt, and vanilla. Roll dough into 1 inch balls and place them 2 inches apart onto the prepared cookie sheets. Press a criss-cross into the top using the back of a fork.Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Only thing I would do differently next time, make 'em thinner, they are light, flaky, and oh soo good.
Also, I made my 7-minutes-in-the-microwave apples. Butter in the bottom of the dish, chop apples, sprinkle on ApplePieSpice, add in a little brown-sugar Splenda, cover with plastic wrap, pop in the microwave (high) for 7 minutes, WaLa. Delicious. PeanutButter Cookies and Baked Apples go very well together.
Then, I baked some bread. The house is a wreck but I'm a terrible housekeeper and getting worse all the time, my mother god-rest-her-ole-soul would be so ashamed of me.
I've caught a couple of rerun episodes of HOUSE on TV, that is a great show, very few shows that I can say that I like. http://www.fox.com/house/ I'm getting Mike hooked on it too. Apparently, full episodes can been seen at that site.

HOUSE-ISMS
“You're nuts. Which makes me nuts for arguing with you.”

3 comments:

Robbyn said...

You tried them! They are dangerously yummy :) Looks like you had a fun cooking day!

Kate Evans said...

I love your blog! You goats couldn't be cuter--your husband too. :) And I want you to feed me!

xoxo

Kim @ Home Is Where The Heart Is said...

Very neat leaf...did you press it?

Your goats are darling...we have cats and horses...goats sure would be a nice addition to our family.