Saturday, October 31, 2009

Trick - Pirate Franklin. Treat - FiberPlusBar

Franklin says he's going out partying tonight.

We don't have to worry about trick-or-treaters, we're isolated up a steep, rugged road. Our local mall always has a big Halloween bash for the young kids anyway.
********************************************
If you haven't tried 'em, these Fiber Plus Bars are goood, and 9 g's of fiber and 120 cals' per bar. I've just had the Chocolate Chip ones so far.

On the diet since Sept 12th, , I've lost 15lbs and Mike has lost 19lbs. In some ways it hasn't been so hard and in other ways, not much fun, I don't like having to think about it, and for me to lose weight, I have to stay focused on what and how much is going in my mouth. Mike says he is starting to feel so spry, when he loses another 19lbs, he's going partying with Franklin.
***************************************
Please keep voting for Suzanne at Chickens in Road, she really needs the job.
**************************************
9:00PM Update on Halloween Night - Mike and I are watching the 1941 version of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde on TCM, a horror film starring Spencer Tracy, Ingrid Bergman, and Lana Turner. Spooky.

10 comments:

Lucy and Ethel said...

It looks like Frankin's ready in case you have some wayward trick-or-treaters :)

Congratulations to you both on the weight loss!!! That's fantastic!

Helen/'Lucy'

Melodie said...

Aye aye, Captain Franklin!I know you run a tight barnyard..err..ship sir but please don't make those crazy guineas walk the plank!

Yeah!Big congrads on the weight loss!

Boozy Tooth said...

FRANKLIN THE PIRATE! Aaaarrgg. You did that for me, didn't you Joanna. You are a trip, woman!

Listen, I'm with you about the diet. The worst part about being on one for an extended period is the constant focus on food. But get used to it, because what I'm discovering is that never ends, ever. Once you get to your goal, then you have to maintain! I'm in that purgatory right now, figuring out how much is enough but not too much. What my new "normal" is and how to keep steady. Every minute of every day. But the good news is that is slowly becomes second nature. Don't know if it will ever be "easy," but I do know it's manageable.

And, YOU, my dear, are doing fabulously. 15 pounds is a lot, and don't let anyone tell you any differently. At this rate, you will lose steadily and keep your hair!

Love you Joanna. You and Mike keep up the awesome work. Oh, and kiss Franklin for me.

Mom L said...

Oh, Franklin, be still my heart!! What a swashbuckler!!!

And, Joanna, I try to keep an eye on Diane but she has some wicked moments!

Nancy in Iowa

John Going Gently said...

eye patches on Boris......now there is a good idea when aggression rears its ugly head
x

thecrazysheeplady said...

Franklin could come trick or treating at our farm anytime!

Peggy said...

Now Franklin really knows how to party! I love those fiber bars. Megan bought some and I tried one. They are very tasty

Anonymous said...

Joanna, congrats on the weight loss!!! Whoot-whoot!!!!!

I have fallen in love with Special K meal protein bars. They have 10 grams of protein and (I think) 5 grams of fiber. If I eat one before I feet I eat a bit less dinner. Now...to work on the rest of the meals.

Love Mr. Franklin's costume. :)

thecrazysheeplady said...

Hey - heard a radio interview with someone from the Lexington farmer's market, talking about turkeys for Thanksgiving (don't listen Franklin!). I didn't realize that your Bourbon Reds originated from our neighboring county, Bourbon County, Kentucky. Or at least that was his story...

Dose Pharmacy said...

Much obliged to you for giving such essential data, and a debt of gratitude is for sharing this issue.