Monday, July 6, 2009

in a daylily frame of mind


I didn't take any of the daylily photo's posted, found 'em on the internet. Plenty of daylilies blooming here and I so love seeing them around.






The word - tradegy - came from tragoidia - Greek for cry of the goat, the goat song. Three new things to read arrived in the mail today,
1) Book - Goat Song by Brad Kessler (got the above info from this book)
2) Book - Wind in the Ash Tree by Jeanine McMullen (see the goats on front)
3)Magazine - MaryJanesFarm (makin' hay issue)

We shall live in the shade of the
Graceful doe and, living here, shall be
Sustained. We shall walk through
Darkness by her light, with never-
ending joy.
David Onkinerah-16th century Salonika

I got a two new shirts today to add to my "wardrobe." I ordered them off the internet, I didn't make them, a couple of lifetimes ago I used to make tie-dyed shirts though.

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Love the new shirts. I love vibrant colors but for some reason I always end up buying grey, blue and black clothes. Go figure.

Unknown said...

I love getting stuff in the mail! And I especially love the blue shirt - where did you get it?

Enjoy your reading!

Nancy in Atlanta (for 3.5 more weeks)

Gizmo said...

Great shirts. Did you make them?? Enjoy your reading. I think I'll have to look up a couple of those too. :)

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Lots of fun things arrived for you. I like Mary Jane's Farm, too. Very relaxing read.
Fun shirts, too!
My neighbor gave me a ginormous box filled with daylillies she has thinned out. I suppose I should get to planting them soon. Or do I wait until fall?

~Lisa

Mary Humphrey said...

I love the orange and purple together.

Okay, someone is trying to tell me something, this is the 3rd time this week I have seen something online regarding Mary Jane's Farm. I need to check her magazine out, don't I?

I am like Jennifer, I end up buying the same colors over and over again.

Joanna, how do you wash the tie dyed shirts? They are beautiful. I asked a friend of mine that same question last year. Her husband does most of the laundry. Her reply to me was, "I don't know. This is the first time I have worn it." LOL!!!