Friday, January 30, 2009

Manwich & Aebleskivers

Don't worry, not at the same time.

Today at the grocery store, Manwich was 5 cans for $5.00 so I got 'em. At home, I opened a can of it. Didn't Manwich used to taste better? Now, it's hardly tasty. So I had to add some BAM. This sauce turned out well.

1 can of Manwich
1/2 C apple cider
5 TSP brown sugar
pepper (I'm heavy handed with the pepper)
onion flakes
big squirt of mustard
splash of lime juice (or some acid juice)
splash of Worcestershire
stir, and it's good to go
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
now back to aebleskivers again, here's a recipe



Aebleskivers Recipe

1 1/2 C Flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 C Buttermilk
1 C Sour Cream
2 eggs from your girls
oil the iron-skillet pockets well, you skivers are frying in those pockets

6 comments:

diane said...

i don't have any girls to get eggs from :(

Jennifer said...

Looks good, thanks for the manwich hints, you are right it is not as good as it used to be straight out of the can, or my taste buds have changed. Oh and that soap post is not on my farm website, it is on my blog. Just look on the sidebar and their should be a link under Jan 09 that says "How to make soap at home". :)

Deb said...

The aebleskivers look and sound deliceous....
We love sloppy joes... I don't think anything tastes good from a can anymore. I found a good from scratch recipe for these in a weight watchers cookbook. Quick, simple and easy and my family likes it :)

Mary Humphrey said...

Could be, just like how fast food used to taste good to us, that we have grown tired of some of the processed foods in our lifetime. We still buy Manwich too, occasionally, doctored up somewhat. The husband loes a meal of Manwich and cheese and macaroni.

Amy said...

I agree, Manwich just ain't what it used to be. I won't buy it anymore. I make my own sauce now. Those Aebleskivers are givin' me shivers! They look so tasty! I bet they're great with a dusting of powdered sugar and some strawberry sauce.

Lanny said...

Oh I simple cannot wait to go into our little town, when I am not completely pressed for time, and get my aebleskiver pan.

My mom always "doctored" canned stuff. So do I and then I wonder why I buy the original when I spend so much time "fixing" it.